Welcome to the pantry - I Hope you find what you're looking for

HOME PAGE ----------------------------------- HOME PAGE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday 30 December 2009

The foundation of cooking - The golden rule!


Now the internet is readily available to most people it is very easy to research anything and everything! I certainly don't decry its value but being old school, I had to do most of my research by reading and talking to people. I am thankful for this in a way because it has taught me the discipline of cooking from the foundations up. A recipe is usually simple and easy to follow so there is no great secret or mystery there. However, you should notice that most good recipes usually contain one of the five mother sauces or one of the five base stocks. Obviously, there are recipes that don't, like salads and desserts! But most do.

Here is where the golden rule of cooking lies: You MUST learn to make all five types of stock and then, the five mother sauces by heart, Learn them and learn them well! Once you have mastered these you have the foundation skills that ALL good cooks have!!! There is no compromise to this golden rule.

Tip: You cannot buy quality sauces or stock. They are readily available, cheap and convenient to buy from any corner shop or supermarket, but to infuse passion and 'soul' into your food you really do need to make your own. I promise you that once you start you will NEVER go back to the bought type and people really will comment on how good your food tastes! If you are a mediocre cook and quite happy to be that way then the bought stuff is fine but if you want to improve your skill and give your dishes that professional edge then you really need to learn this stuff. Have fun!!!



Check it out: Next time you are in the supermarket, check the list of ingredients in your average stock cube or packet sauce. You will be shocked at the rubbish they put in them!!!



I recommend that you use free range and organic produce for every recipe, diet, juice and detox found within this site. There is no substitute for good quality food!

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Contact me:

If you would like to contact me then please email me at esotericman1967@googlemail.com

Or follow me on Twitter: esotericman1967




Followers